Legend of JOHNNY Legend of JOHNNY

i like this game

you can tell the amount of effort put into it. soooo many animations and backgrounds. plus all the levels and the level designs, the balancing and the enemies. not to mention so many different bosses.

it's a fun game, the glitches didn't do anything that stunted me or held me back so i don't really care about that. there could be a bit more atmosphere shift between the terrain foreground and the background. I notice you outline a lot in black. When there's a background object outlined in black AND a walkable object outlined in black, it can be a bit confusing at times but the levels were simple enough that it didn't give me too much trouble.

the level 5 boss is pretty hard in my opinion, i couldn't pass that point, but nevertheless, i had fun playing it. good control scheme too, i like that

Solipskier Solipskier

i love you

i love you guys

Madness: Premeditation Madness: Premeditation

awesome work guys

i like all the UI designs. very professional looking

the bosses are a little tough considering you don't know what they are going to do until a couple tries in, but i'm glad you put bosses in to change it up from gunning down multiple characters in the other levels etc.

the game controls very well but needs multiple attempts to learn how fast everything moves, the timing of the enemies' weapons, and the general other mechanics of the game. because i had to retry certain levels a good amount of times, it would have been useful i think to be able to have the option to restart the level more quickly.

overall it's a great idea, i think it could potentially be executed better if there were more and different kinds of levels but given the timeframe it is an excellent game. you should definitely try expanding on it with difference mechanics and attacks, along with visible projections of enemy paths (if you were to add more levels with an easier curve)

LARRY: Big Dipper LARRY: Big Dipper

high production quality, no gameplay

i'm being generous with this review. i love your work, the art, sound, music, and programming all work together to create a complete, good looking and sounding game. The problem is you don't really have any game designers on your team. Don't get me wrong, everything is good except for the game itself. it's bland and offers nothing i haven't seen before. i hate that you had to fall into making spinoff mini games. Why not include this in the bigger project?

you should bring on a more qualified level designer or game designer because there's nothing unique about this concept, it's slow and boring and i hate to see such awesome artists work on a dull game like this

Jazza responds:

it was going to be in the main game, but we decided to split it up instead for both filesize and publicity purposes. we spent a week on this game so its not MEANT to be anythign revolutionary, however the game coming is something we spent months on so let me know how i did there! thanks for the review!

Cavern of the Evil Wizard Cavern of the Evil Wizard

majestic

magnificent in every way. i just wish i could rape wizard

BoMToons responds:

hmm, maybe I'll add that in. On 2nd thought...

Pixel Grower Pixel Grower

pretty addicting

i've played it a few times. the best score i've gotten is 62,528 Pixel Perfect Level 9

not being able to pick up pixels until the 6th or 7th pass really screwed me over on level 9 because of a bit of lag and the structure just skipping over all of them altogether. i pretty much spent a loooong time beating level 8 and then dying almost immediately on level 9 because of this.

to make it more interesting you should make more patterns to the pixels so that the player has something to think about and learn while they're playing. maybe even make these patterns to the music...it got really boring during level 8 and had to take a couple breaks to rest my arm from shaking the mouse back and forth across the low-width swf dimensions. that's kind of a problem when you're doing that motion the whole time because entering and exiting flashplayer can get really 'skippy' or jumpy when moving fast like that.

the game also had a strange difficulty curve. around level 4-5 it got really fast paced but then slowed way down as more pixels fell in later levels. instead of just zooming out, it should get faster to make up for the greater distance they have to travel.

overall pretty cool concept. i think it can be expanded much further upon

Hedgehog Launch 2 Hedgehog Launch 2

finally!

been waiting for this on newgrounds. awesome game. played the whole way through. one thing i found was that I could use all my upgraded equipment and fly directly horizontally, full speed after i reached my full height. i'd then proceed to hit a platform at SOME point and it could go on for a loooooong time without me controlling anything. But i guess since i beat the game before i could do that it doesn't really matter

anyways i liked the gameplay. the shop system was very simple and i liked it even though i usually tend to shy away from upgrade shop games. i liked all the upgrades you could get.

fun game, a bit too easy though. it felt like it just took time to get everything rather than pure skill but i guess it was a little of both. maybe add in static objects in midair that get in your way that bounce you around or something, like concrete blocks or bouncy circles. give me something to avoid as i get higher up.

overall great, can't wait for your next project!

Critter Capture Critter Capture

eh...

its just a bad version of qix that looks good

in qix you had to hold down a button to draw a line. in this i'd go to a corner and go slightly over the edge and not be able to move around the corner without drawing a tiny box or something first....then i'd die from frantically figuring out why i'm not moving.

since it's a remake, i was expecting your own spice added to it. there was none. infact there was less. there were no enemies flying along my lines trying to kill me. the graphics are too big to be doing this type of game, make them smaller and add your own stuff to make qix better.

-&amp;gt; PANCAKES!!! &amp;lt;- -> PANCAKES!!! <-

its an okay game

at first it seems funny just because of what it is, but as a game it's not fun

at some parts the enemies are rediculously placed and on one level once you fall you can't get back up...

don't just take engines from tonypa tutorials. if you understand the code behind it you'll understand how to make a better game

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

Its not really supposed to be fun.. its supposed to be funny. I am working on a MUCH better game now though lol.

.:Christmas Snake:. .:Christmas Snake:.

absolutely horrible

the graphics were the only thing you did and they were bad. the game features no options because all you did was take an actionscript.org tutorial or something and copy and paste their actionscript they practically spoonfeed you. it needs more options and more things all the other snake ripoffs don't have.

constructive crits: learn actionscript before you attempt to submit something you did not code. snake is an advanced game. start with something easy like space invaders or something.